Cost and Performance Excellence
Group operations tech enablement and productivity analysis
27 May 2020
- Client Description: A leading Indian hotel chain
- Opportunity: The client had recently entered the home renting space in leisure markets such as Goa, where guests can rent the entire house or apartment for a few days at a very nominal cost. The client wanted to assess and improve the productivity of the ground operations team with the help of technology.
Further, the client also wanted to understand the following:
- Maximum span of the ground operations staff based on which resource planning can be done for their growth projections
- Utilization and productivity levels of the ground operations team
- Time spent on different activities and initiatives to enhance efficiency by reducing redundancies
- Ways to redefine the roles of the ground operations team to increase the ‘wow’ factor for customers
- In-depth interviews with the client’s central team and ground operations personnel to understand the end-to-end process, map their daily activities, ascertain the average time spent on various activities and identify gaps in the process and data flow
- In-depth interviews with the operations and technology teams to ideate on the technology solutions that could maximize span as well as increase the ‘wow’ factor for customers
- Developed an exhaustive list of tasks performed by the ground staff and designed a QR code-based solution to capture the time-stamp, location and activity code for each activity
- Categorized the activities carried out by the ground staff into three: (i) productive, (ii) non-productive but essential and (iii) non-productive and non-essential
- Extensive workshops with the ground staff teams across high, medium and low performers to map the time distribution across various activities
Key Insights / Outcomes
Client was able to increase the span of the ground staff by more than 2.5 times without impacting customer satisfaction
Client was able to track the productivity of each member of the ground staff team for a set of very specific KPI’s and KRA’s
Praxis Value Delivered
- Developed a framework based on 5 levers - customer wow, offloading non-essential tasks, internal benchmarking, eliminating tasks and tech interventions - to enhance the maximum span without compromising on customer delight.
Do you want to turbocharge your business using digital technologies and processes? Write to us below.