HiTech IT and Tech
Customer data integration for a luxury car brand
08 Apr 2020
- Client Description: A large global automotive player
- Opportunity: The client wanted to re-construct its Indian customers’ data into a single centralized platform from the existing multi ended decentralized platforms
- The activity was bifurcated into two processes: (1) Cleansing: Existing data stored in different platforms was cleaned and standardized in the desired output, (2) Merging datasets: Identity of customers was established based on combinations of different data fields in lieu of the absence of primary key
- R (programming language) was used to run the different cleaning & merging logics
- Existing data were diligently observed to find out the patterns. These patterns were analyzed to define the cleaning logics
- Existing datasets were bifurcated into smaller sub-datasets for the effective running of code. Customized logics could be defined for each sub dataset
Key Insights / Outcomes
Client got refined actionable data of the customers in a single centralized platform.
The dataset helped the client in better targeting marketing communications to increase ROI.
Praxis Value Delivered
- Defined recommended best practices for data handling
- Identified ~185K individual customers with a primary key (generated afresh) and their vehicle details with current/previous owner status
Do you want to turbocharge your business using digital technologies and processes? Write to us below.